Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricane Dennis

Been keeping an eye on Hurricane Dennis the last few days. Currently riding out, what isn't much ... a few rain bands and winds that come with them. Other than that, not much else.

Do have one shelter open and staffed with radio operators and 12 "guests" (workers and evacuees), as well as Red Cross Headquarters. If the shelter remains open, I'm scheduled for a radio shift at the Red Cross tonight. If I do end up having to go over, will probably take a laptop and my stack of Florida QSO Party logs, and start keying those in.

Listened for about 30 seconds, to the IARU contest underway this weekend. Do miss not participating ... and had I know the minimal effects we'd have from Dennis, I probably would have gotten on this morning when it started. But at this point, it's too late in the game, and am not motivated enough to get on ... even for a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment